With the property marketing booming in parts of New Zealand and interest rates at all time lows, there has been a lot of interest from people wanting to buy property to rent as an investment.
We're fielding a lot of inquiry from ex pats who are living overseas, earning good money and want to buy a property back home so that they're in the market and can take advantages of the gains to be had whilst reducing their home loan as much as possible through rental income and good earnings.Much like the All Blacks at the world cup... if you do your research, surround yourself with a good team and set up the right structure then investment in property can be a very rewarding experience.
So how does it work?
Firstly we'll look at the Home Loan side of things, which we aim to make as simple as possible.
All you need to do to get the ball rolling is to send me an email by clicking this link and let me know a little about your financial situation and what you'd like to do.
The process then goes as follows:
- We send you a basic questionnaire to confirm the relevant financial details so that we can establish options available to you
- We can then arrange a phone call or skype meeting to discuss more about the type of property you're looking to buy, your financial goals for the future etc.
- We then collect some paperwork about your finances and submit a loan application to a number of lenders to gain pre approval for you
- Now that you're pre approved you can start to look seriously for properties to make an offer on and discuss potential ownership structure, tax and legal obligations with an accountant and lawyer.
- This is where the good team really comes in to play. If you're happy with your current Accountant and Lawyer and they can help you while you're overseas then that's great but we've also got great specialist Property Accountants and Lawyers who can work with you no matter where you are in the world to ensure you've got the best structure and everything is as simple as possible.
- Once you've found a property we'll negotiate the best deal and advise on the right structure for you. We'll then ensure your accounts are set up to make managing your money from abroad as easy as possible.
So if you, or friends and family, are living overseas and want to buy property in New Zealand then get in touch with My Mortgage and we'll make the Home Loan process as simple as possible for you.
Adam, Claire and the My Mortgage Team